Approved Virtual Internship Provider: USAC
To aid students in identifying virtual internship opportunities the Center for Global and Career Education has partnered with USAC. Earlham students are able to utilize their EPIC Advantage funding to cover the program and application fees for these 13-week experiences.
- Submit an application directly to USAC.
- USAC will verify that you are eligible for EPIC Advantage funding.
- You will complete three interviews:
- A screening interview with your Internship Coordinator
- A job placement interview with your on-site Resident Director and Host Supervisor
Once your internship placement has been confirmed you will need to submit your application for EPIC Advantage funding.
- Make sure to indicate, in your application, that you utilized USAC’s services to secure your internship. This will ensure that Earlham will pay the program and application fees on your behalf.
Note: If you withdraw from the program after the withdrawal date you will be responsible for reimbursing the College for the confirmation deposit that was paid on your behalf.
USAC Virtual Internships are composed of two distinct, yet interrelated components, an online internship seminar and internship hours completed remotely online with a placement site abroad in a given career field. The Virtual Internship Program (seminar + placement) is worth 3-semester credits. The Global Internship seminar is a 15-hour online seminar that will provide you with essential information to make the most of your internship experience. This online course explores topics such as organizational frameworks and cultures, professional identity, personal branding, and networking that will contribute to your personal, academic, and professional development. The online seminar will be delivered asynchronously using the Microsoft Teams for Education online learning platform, allowing students to work through the course content at their own pace and in ways that complement their virtual internship experience. Internship hours will be completed with a placement site in one of the following career fields. You will work together with your site supervisor to develop a schedule and work responsibilities relevant to your particular placement. Virtual internships require a minimum of 120 hours in addition to the internship seminar.
Internship Host Countries
- Czech Republic
- Digital marketing and social media management
- Social welfare
- English language instruction
- Grant-Writing/Crowd Funding
- Computer Science/IT
- Graphic Design/3-D Modelling
- Human Resources
If you have questions about this program or need assistance in identifying appropriate career-discerning experiences please schedule an appointment with a Career Coach.