Approved Virtual Internship Provider: CIS Abroad
To aid students in identifying virtual internship opportunities the Center for Global and Career Education has partnered with CIS Abroad. Earlham students are able to utilize their EPIC Advantage funding to cover the program and application fees for these 6-week experiences.
To learn more about the CIS Abroad virtual internship program please visit their website and review Virtual Global Internship options. Note that most of their spring 2 options (dates: 3/29 to 5/7) have an extended application deadline of 2/1/21.
- Submit an application directly to CIS Abroad HERE.
- CIS Abroad will verify that you are eligible for EPIC Advantage funding.
- You will complete three interviews:
- A screening interview with your Internship Coach
- A job placement interview with your on-site internship coordinator
- A final interview with your host supervisor
Once your internship placement has been confirmed you will need to submit your application for EPIC Advantage funding.
- Make sure to indicate, in your application, that you utilized CIS Abroad’s services to secure your internship. This will ensure that Earlham will pay the program and application fees on your behalf.
Note: If you withdraw from the program after the withdrawal date you will be responsible for reimbursing the College for the confirmation deposit that was paid on your behalf.
CIS Abroad’s virtual internship program includes an online academic seminar and a virtual internship placement. Your internship work schedule may vary depending on industry standards for your career field, time difference, and will be determined prior to your start date.
The virtual internship includes an online seminar that you’ll complete both independently through virtual check-ins and in group settings with a mentor for a total of 50 contact hours and up to 180 hours at your virtual internship placement over 6 weeks. Together, your online seminar and virtual internship placement are worth 2 credits.
Internship Host Countries
- New York City, NY
- New Zealand
- South America
Internship Career Fields
- Art & Design
- Business & Economics
- Environmental Sustainability
- Government & Politics
- Journalism & Media
- Marketing, Advertising, & PR
- NGOs and Non-Profit
- Performing Arts
If you have questions about this program or need assistance in identifying appropriate career-discerning experiences please schedule an appointment with a Career Coach.