The Penguin Random House Publishing Services team, which provides sales and distribution services to a wide roster of independent client publishers, is seeking a Sales Assistant to join their team. Supporting a Sales Director and two Sales Managers, the Sales Assistant will be in touch regularly with sales channels across the company, communicate with the publishing operations and marketing teams, help prepare for sales meetings, and liaise between the sales managers, client publishers, and other internal departments.
If you are interested in book publishing trends and learning about the book selling process, this may be an ideal role for you!
Responsibilities for this role include:
1. Assisting two Sales Managers with day-to-day client publisher queries.
2. Collecting and maintaining seasonal book materials for publishers.
3. Keeping publishers on track for meeting sales material due dates.
4. Tracking and announcing drop-in titles.
5. Providing regular sales reporting to clients and sales managers as needed.
6. Distributing advances and tracking receipt of sales materials for reps as requested.
7. Managing the gathering and sharing of sales rep feedback with client publishers.
· Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work both independently and collaboratively
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Self-starter with enthusiasm and ability to take initiative
· Expert knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley Books, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at penguinrandomhouse.com.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.