MetroNet has an immediate opening for an energetic; customer focused OSP Fiber Engineer I in Evansville, IN!
At MetroNet, we pride ourselves on providing cutting-edge technology combined with outstanding customer care. We are a fast-growing telecommunication company, offering 100% fiber-optic technology. MetroNet specializes in fiber to the premise TV, voice and internet services that provide our customers with some of the fastest internet speeds in the world. Recognized for being one of the Best Places to Work in 2020 by Glassdoor. We are committed to revolutionizing the industry by enhancing the overall customer experience and optimizing the talent of our valued associates.
We’re looking for tech-savvy, innovative thinkers to join our team and help us create what’s next!
What is in it for you?
- Competitive total compensation package
- 80% of Medical premiums paid for by company
- Company paid Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k) company match and 100% vested on day 1
- Discounted MetroNet service in our serviceable area
- Locally owned, friendly, fun atmosphere
Responsible for the record keeping of MetroNet’s FTTH network in a Geographic Information System (GIS) database. This responsibility includes, but is not limited to, drafting, corrections to fiber network designs, generating construction reports, and consolidating information from various sources to determine suitability of a given area for construction. Projects will include expanding our network into new towns, expansions to our services in existing towns, and augmenting our network in areas where demand exceeds our current capabilities.
What you will be doing:
- Develop / design layouts of fiber optic networks to service residents and businesses.
- Create splicing documents for fiber network design.
- Generate a Bill of Materials (BOM) from a design.
- Generate construction documents for a design.
- Assist with cost estimates for new projects.
- Assist with the high-level Google Earth design
- Review detailed network designs for quality assurance
- Support the review and development of the automated design software.
- Update GIS database with information from as-built construction maps
What You Need For This Position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Computer Engineering; Mechanical or Electrical Engineering); and one to two years of experience with a telecom/fiber company. High aptitude to learn and the ability to visualize information flow are valued attributes
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and drawings
- Attention to detail
- Ability to keep commitments to team members, field personnel, and other departments
If you have a strong desire to impact, the success of our organization by ensuring we continue to attract and retain committed professionals, please apply today!
MetroNet is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER