The Role: Ascend Amphitheater is seeking a Zero Waste Captain to help us take our sustainability programs to the next level. This role is the backbone and driving force for helping us become zero waste through sorting and educating others. This position will partner with the Venue Sustainability Coordinator andbe part of the venue operations team. This is a seasonal, part – time position. Hours per week will vary depending on show schedule and business needs at the time.
This role is responsible for, but not limited to the following:
· Report directly to Sustainability Coordinator.
· Be an ambassador to all Band Members in order to help them understand their role in achieving the venue’s sustainability goals.
· Assist in employee engagement programs such as the water bottle refill punch cards,
post -show sort giveaways and new ideas.
· Engage fans and encourage them to participate in our sustainability programs through activities or education.
· Participate in Zero Waste Captain training.
· Assist in all venue sustainability initiatives.
· Attend pre – show department meetings.
· Ensuring all concessions and plazas have proper waste receptacles.
· Collecting vendor waste before doors.
· Run dino’s and pick site during the run of show.
· Pulling and sorting building trash – catering, stage, restrooms, etc.
· Assist in managing the post – show sorting process of all recycling, composting, and landfill materials.
· Cleaning up your work area at end of shift.
· Additional tasks as requested by management