Iridium is the only truly global voice and data satellite communications network that connects people, organizations, assets, government and relief agencies with “on-the-move” availability. Together with its ecosystem of partners, Iridium delivers essential, reliable communications with an easy-to-integrate platform and service for improved efficiency. With more than 20 years of experience, Iridium delivers the next-generation of connectivity, Iridium CertusSM – the most versatile global broadband service that satisfies the critical need to send and receive communications when traveling by land, sea or air. For more information about Iridium products, services and partner solutions, visit www.iridium.com.
Be a part of a company that drives innovation and provides a truly global network to keep everyone (and everything!) connected when critical communications are essential. Iridium is an award-winning, employee friendly company in Northern VA, with bragging rights to the only satellite communications network that offers voice and data connectivity anywhere in the world.
Iridium is looking for a dynamic Marketing Communications Associate that understands the importance of creating engaging content to reflect our distinctive technology, while inspiring interaction and driving awareness among partners, end users and anyone that loves the aerospace industry! In this role, our ideal candidate would possess an intuitive sense for developing compelling content – spanning from writing the content to creating supporting graphics that help bring Iridium’s technology to life.
As a member of the Iridium Marketing Team, the Marketing Communications Associate is expected to roll up his/her sleeves, juggle several projects at once, and take part in various marketing projects such as internal/external communications, company events, and supporting marketing campaigns. You may even be asked to help bring “Saved by Iridium” testimonials to life by creating a visual story of how people rely on Iridium to keep them connected in desperate situations.
What you’ll do:
• Conceptualize, coordinate, and produce impactful content for Iridium’s company website, intranet, and in support of both internal and partner communication channels across the business
• Coordinate cross-functional opportunities to develop and support employee training and informational sessions as part of the overall internal communications strategy
• Assist with the planning and management of industry events and partner meetings, working with key stakeholders to confirm all logistical needs and marketing support for both virtual and in-person events
• Develop attention-grabbing graphics that elevate our campaigns and make our audience stop and take notice
• Assist with external communication efforts as needed, including writing press releases, creating blog posts, collaborating on social media efforts, etc.
The ideal candidate would be able to:
• Create dynamic and compelling content – balancing satellite technology with easy to understand concepts and visual representations
• Balance our corporate brand standards while displaying a degree of creativity and showcasing our brand personality
• Work on simultaneous projects from concept through execution while meeting tight deadlines and adapting to changing circumstances in a busy environment
You’re a great fit if:
• You are passionate about the creative process – executing on communication programs, planning events, and supporting sales and marketing activities through graphic design
• You thrive in a fast-paced work environment. No two workdays are ever the same and we are always collaborating on the next big project to drive sales and support company objectives
• You have an attentive eye for quality and detail, coupled with the ability to multi-task. You check your work twice ensuring that no aspect has gone unnoticed
• You can take complex ideas and break them down so that any audience can understand
• You support your fellow marketing teammates and help out in whatever ways you can when up against deadlines
Experience & Education Requirements / EEO
Things you’ll need:
• A bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or a similar field or equivalent, relevant work experience
• A minimum of three years’ professional experience; knowledge of marketing communications within a business-to-business communications industry is a plus
• Experience with executing on cross-functional programs, with a “roll up the sleeves and get it done” approach. Must be able to work independently.