Fundamental Objective of Position:
To work with other students and a professional coordinator, to provide opportunities for students, faculty, and staff to actively engage in healthy competition through sports and other recreation activities. To work with other students to provide a structure for an experiential education that fosters a safe and welcoming environment built upon peaceful play. To ensure all policies are being maintained at every Recreational Sport or Club Sports event. To ensure Recreational Sports and Club Sports are providing the highest quality events possible for the students, faculty, and staff at Earlham College given the available resources and time available to the Rec Sports Staff and Wellness Programs.
- To assist the Director of Recreational Sports in the execution of creating and implementing advertisements necessary for the Recreational Sports/Club Sports Programs.
- Create and distribute advertisement for Recreational Sports, in general, highlighting features such as but not limited to:
o Free Agency Ability
o General Meeting time/location
o All sports being offered that year without specific dates
o How to get involved with Recreational Sports/Club Sports
o Who Recreational Sports are for
o How to get with Club Sports teams
- Create and distribute advertisement for each Recreational Sports Event following the publicity checklist/guidelines
- Meet with the Director on a weekly basis to discuss the Rec Sports/Club Sports program as a whole, as well as position updates and general development within the position.
- Attend weekly meetings to stay up-to-date on all Rec Sports/Club Sports happenings and contribute to the team’s weekly discussions.
- Must be a current Earlham College student taking the minimum required hours.
- Must qualify for Work-Study
- The ability to work with others, as students will be referred to this role for Intramural questions.
- The ability to confront behaviors not desired within the Intramural program.
- Ability to lift at least around 15-25 pounds as moving equipment is a regular part of this position.
- Ability to role model appropriate behavior and to follow the Student Code of Conduct.
- Ability to work independently and with attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong skills in both verbal and written communication.
- Ideally have a background in and/or interest in pursuing marketing and publicity related positions.
- Able to use a camera to shoot video or pictures.
- Able to use a computer and utilize editing softwares (training will be provided if necessary)