For an LGBTQ+ scientist, finding a mentor who shares their scientific expertise as well as their identity can be challenging — especially given the isolation of the COVID-19 pandemic. Yet connecting with a thriving LGBTQ+ community in science can provide an essential support system. It’s also the best way to find mentors who can guide you along your career path and help open new doors.
Join this webinar to hear from LGBTQ+ STEM professionals as they share their unique challenges and experiences, and offer advice both for fellow LGBTQ+ scientists and for how institutions can support them.
- Millie Copara, PhD, Senior Scientific Recruiter, Recruitomics Consulting
- Angel Kaur, PhD, Assistant Professor of Neuroscience, University of North Carolina, Asheville
- Jonathan Mathias Lassiter, PhD, Assistant Professor of Psychology, Rowan University; Founder and Chief Psychology Officer, Lassiter Health Initiatives
- Sharon Milgram, PhD, Director, Office of Intramural Training and Education, National Institutes of Health
- Moderated by Stephanie Miller, PhD, Postdoctoral Scholar, Gladstone Institutes
The event includes a panel discussion followed by a question-and-answer period.
This event is open to the public and will be livestreamed on Facebook. We invite members of the LGBTQ+ community, allies, and friends to join.