The Freeman Foundation was established in 1994 with the objective of promoting cultural understanding between the United States and the countries of East and Southeast Asia. Earlham has been awarded a grant from the Freeman Foundation to provide access to internships that meet this criterion.
Freeman Internships are highly competitive, limited in number, and offered through our third-party provider, Connect123. If selected for this program the award amount will cover the cost of Connect 123’s placement fee while also providing funding for transportation and other essential expenses.
To qualify for Freeman funding, you must:
- meet all CGCE internship eligibility requirements.
- be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- be enrolled at Earlham college at the time of application, during the spring semester before the internship, and during the fall semester following the internship.
- complete the EPIC 171: Foundations course prior to your summer internship.
Secure Your Internship
To be considered for this program you must apply for the Connect 123 Internships in Handshake. All applications will be reviewed by the CGCE Faculty who will select finalists based on available funding. Finalists will then be connected with Connect 123 to begin working on the placement process.
Connect 123 works with a wide variety of employers and are typically able to accommodate students in all majors. It is important to note that while Connect 123 will do their best to identify placements for all finalists they cannot guarantee placements across all sectors. The CGCE Faculty will do their best to ensure available placement options that align with student interests before selecting finalists.
Secure Your Funding
Once you have confirmed your internship placement with Connect 123 you will need to submit your application for funding which will include:
- Verification, Job Description, & Expectation Form (signed by your internship site supervisor).
- A detailed budget spreadsheet.
- An Internship Rationale which describes how this internship contributes to your own career discernment and development.
*Please note that funding is provided in the form of a non-service fellowship award which is considered to be taxable income.
Connect 123 internship applications are due in November.
Funding applications are required to be submitted a minimum of 90 days before the start of your internship.