The Center for Global Health and the Center for Global and Career Education have partnered to build a summer off-campus research program for students interested in pursuing careers in Global Health. These 8-week experiences are funded through the generosity of donors, allowing students to conduct research at prestigious institutions across the country without financial burden.
To qualify for Center for Global Health Internship funding, you must:
- meet all CGCE internship eligibility requirements.
- be enrolled at Earlham college at the time of application, during the spring semester before the internship, and during the fall semester following the internship.
have completed any ONE of these three courses by the time the internship begins:
- EPIC 171 EPIC Foundations (0 or 1 cr.);
- EPIC 126 Bonner Scholars (0 cr.), open only to Bonner Scholars; or
- ACEN 146 LIFT: College and Career Connections, open only to students in the LIFT program (1 cr.)
Secure Your Internship
The CGH Faculty work with both longstanding and new partners to identify a suite of opportunities each summer. Students must submit an application to the overall program which includes:
- Resume – Must include any research and/or healthcare experiences.
- Cover Letter – Please address your career goals AND the placement that you are most interested in and why. If specific projects are listed, you would be wise to address them.
- Short questionnaire indicating interest in available placements
Applications will be reviewed by Earlham College Faculty who will select best-fit candidates for each opportunity.
Secure Your Funding
Once you have been selected for a placement you will need to submit your application for funding which will include:
- Verification, Job Description, & Expectation Form (signed by your internship site supervisor).
- A detailed budget spreadsheet.
- An Internship Rationale which describes how this internship contributes to your own career discernment and development.
*Please note that funding is provided in the form of a non-service fellowship award which is considered to be taxable income.
Applications for the overall program will be available during the month of January.
Applications for funding are required to be submitted at least 30 days prior to the start of a domestic internship and 90 days prior to the start of an international internship.