The Border Studies Program (BSP) is a semester-long program based in Tucson, Arizona that consists of homestays, internships in grassroots and/or non-profit organizations and excursions as well as a rigorous academic curriculum.
Immersed in the southern Arizona borderlands, BSP offers students hands-on experience in contemporary justice struggles and an expansive curriculum that valorizes grassroots knowledge and challenges students to understand and articulate the context and implications of their own positionalities.
BSP explores salient topics of our times:
- Transnational migration
- Neoliberal globalization
- The militarization of policing
- Struggles for environmental justice, ethnic studies and indigenous rights
- Language justice
- Community-building in diverse regions
- Organizing, activism, and movement building
*16 week semester-long program (including a break)
- Fall 2021: August 23- December 11
- Spring 2022: late January to early May (exact dates TBA)
Program Application Deadlines
- Fall 2021 and Spring 2021: Deadline has been extended to May 15
- Spring 2022: March 15th, 2022